Waking up in the morning after a good night’s sleep is bliss! Good sleep is as important for keeping us healthy as is the food we eat and exercise we do. It helps keep us healthy and hearty.
Sleep deprivation on the other hand can create problems like obesity, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart stroke and lower sex drive. It is also seen that sleeplessness can result in negative emotions such as anger, nervousness, loneliness, irritability and frustration.
As per the National Sleep Foundation guidelines, healthy adults need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night. Babies, young children, and teens need even more sleep to enable their growth and development. People over 65 should also get 7 to 8 hours per night.
Causes for Sleep disorders
- Lifestyle habits
- Chronic Medications
- Medical ailments
- Psychiatric problems
- Working on night shifts
Tips for a good night’s sleep
- Your bedroom should have an atmosphere that is comfortable, cool, quiet and dark. A calm place helps in reassuring that mind is at rest and ensures a good night’s sleep.
- Keep positive attitude. Just clean your mind of any negative thoughts before you jump into the bed. You may keep your mind busy by reading a good book.
- Avoid watching television, eating, working in your bedroom.
- Try and keep a fixed bedtime and wake up time, add meditation, relaxing exercises to your schedule. A relaxing routine before going to bed is effective for a good sleep.
- Avoid heavy meals for at least four hours before bedtime.
- Ayurveda also offers some solution for a good sleep at night. Ashwagandha and Sound Snooze from Kamree help improve the quality of sleep.
- The leaves of Ashwagandha plant contain triethylene glycol, which supports sleep generation.
Kamree Sound Snooze is a blend of powerful Ayurvedic ingredients developed for those who have trouble sleeping. It helps in achieving uninterrupted, sound sleep.
If even after all these solutions you are unable to sleep it is always suggested to visit a healthcare provider. Practicing a good sleep regime keeps your brain and body healthy.